During the warmer months of the year, there’s a list of summer essentials worth mentioning. Certain cocktails make the list, particularly those that mix rum with a few tropical ingredients – the kind that pair well with an evening on the beach. Isautier presents four traditional recipes for essential rum cocktails, as well as a few secrets on how to prepare them with perfection.
A classic among classics, the mojito is without a doubt the most-ordered rum cocktail in bars. Creating one at home is easy:
- 2 c.a.c of cane sugar
- 1 lime
- 8 mint leaves
- 6 cl of Isautier Traditional White Rum 49%
- 12 cl of sparkling water
- Choose a tall tumbler-style glass and add 2 teaspoons of cane sugar.
- Cut one lime in 8 wedges.
Bonus: you can remove the white centre to avoid bitterness.
- Swat about 8 mint leaves against the palm of your hand.
- Add them to your glass along with the lime wedges.
- Muddle everything with a pestle. Be careful not to overwork the lime rind to avoid releasing its bitterness.
- Add 6 cl of Isautier Traditional White Rum 49% and stir gently.
- Next, add 12 cl of sparkling water and large chunks of ice as desired.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, place a lime wedge on the edge of the glass and serve!
This is a great on-the-spot recipe. It can also be started the night before to let the rum marry with the lime, mint and sugar. Then, all you have to do is add ice and sparkling water right before serving.
There’s your quick review of the classics, and there will surely be plenty of opportunities to make these rum cocktails during the month of August. Mention us in your best creations, we’ll be waiting for your photos on Facebook and Instagram!
DRINK ISAUTIER RESPONSIBLY.