Preparation time: 10 minutes
Waiting time: 30 minutes
Ingredients – 4 persons• 1 vanilla pod
• 4 egg yolks
• 90 g sugar
• 30 cl milk
• 20 cl liquid fresh cream
• 10 cl Isautier coffee and vanilla flavoured rum
• 10 cm liquid fresh cream
• 1 large cupful of strong of coffee
• 1 tablespoon cornflour
• 5 lumps of brown sugar
• 1 banana
1. In a saucepan, place the milk, liquid cream, vanilla pod split in two. Heat over a gentle flame (do not bring to the boil).
Let the vanilla infuse for 10 minutes then remove it.
2. Beat the egg yolks to obtain a homogenous liquid. Pour the mixture onto the egg yolks. Mix. You should obtain a thick creamy preparation. If not, heat over a gentle flame again for a few minutes, stirring at the same time.
3. Place in the ice cream maker for 30 minutes.
4. During this time, in a saucepan, over a hot flame, heat the coffee, the Isautier coffee and vanilla flavoured rum, the fresh cream, the lumps of sugar, the cornflour and beat with a whisk to reduce and obtain a smooth cream.
If possible, use Bourbon vanilla. Grate dark chocolate and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the coffee paste.