Preparation time: 10 minutes
Waiting time: 30 minutes
Ingredients – 4 persons• 1 vanilla pod
• 4 egg-whites
• 90g sugar
• 30cl milk
• 20cl liquid fresh cream
• 10cl Rhum Brun Barrik Isautier (Isautier matured rum)
1. Place the milk, fresh cream, sugar and vanilla pod (split in two) into a saucepan. Heat gently (do not bring to the boil). Let the vanilla infuse for 10 minutes and remove.
2. Beat the egg-yolks to obtain a smooth liquid.
3. Pour the mixture onto the egg-yolks and add the raisins, that have previously been left to macerate in the matured rum for about ½ hour. Mix.
4. You should obtain a thick mixture. If not, heat gently once more for a few minutes, stirring at the same time. Put into an ice-cream maker for 30 minutes.
Serve the macerated raisins separately in a small dish.
Tip from Yazid Ichembrahen
Use Bourbon vanilla if possible. Open the pod and scrape out the pulp with the tip of a knife. Leave the raisins to macerate 30 minutes in the rum.